Breaking the Mould
My Transport Planner is an online route optimisation platform. Unlike existing products in the market, there is no need for lengthy set-ups or extended consultation periods. Fleet managers can simply go online, create an account, input their vehicle and job details and then get on with the business or scheduling and routeing their consignments.
And, unlike other products, fleets don’t have to be tied into lengthy contracts. This is the Netflix of fleet optimisation, with users paying just 99p per vehicle per day. They can use the tool for some of their fleet, or all of their fleet and they only pay for what they use.
My Algorithm People CEO Colin Ferguson says the product has been designed for maximum flexibility to reflect the many different types of operation in the road transport market.
Fleets doing standard milk runs may choose to use the tool only when they have to redesign routes; parcel couriers may use it to schedule several runs a day; and those wanting to optimise several assets per job – such as tractors, trailers and plant across multiple depots – can upgrade to the Pro version, which is priced only marginally higher than the basic offering.
“For some of our users this has changed job allocation and route scheduling from a two-hour process to about four minutes,” said Colin.
My Transport Planner is perfect for any urban distribution operation, for rigid vehicles, van fleets, service engineers or local collection and delivery operations.
How it works
- Register with My Transport Planner and follow the same instructions as with any new online account
- Use your free 30 day trial before buying credits, to get to know the product and its functionality
- You are now ready to get started
- Set up your vehicles, depots and drivers on the forms provided. You can type the info in or import matched-field spreadsheets
- Assign depots or starting points for the vehicles and any special attributes such as the range of electric vehicles, or lifting gear
- Import your jobs the same way.
- The map will show your drops pictorially. From here you can draw a line around groups of jobs to allocate them, drag and drop them onto a vehicle or simply choose from a list.
- The system will ensure that the drops are compatible with the vehicle, eg for tail-lifts etc, and that no vehicle is overloaded. It also takes account of drivers’ breaks.
- Press “Optimise”. It really couldn’t be simpler.
- If necessary you can edit details or manually change routes after they have been created.
- The routes can be produced as PDFs and be sent to mobile devices for drivers. They can also be downloaded as spreadsheets to be fed back into your transport management system for management information.
- The system will also calculate revenue and costs per mile, totals, and mileage, as well as the estimated journey times. It also creates ETAs for each drop.